3.03.2009

Playing around...

I have always loved cameras and pictures (being behind - not in front of the camera). I have always wished that I had the eye to catch great pictures. I have an aunt that can take incredible pictures and that may be where my interest started.


The camera I had up until this past Christmas was a simple 35mm that I was given after I graduated from high school so many years ago. This camera had traveled the world with me - literally. I took it with me when I was over seas, and I still have many undeveloped rolls of film to prove it! But alas - I realize that this 35mm is a little on the out-dated side these days, and that is why I had a digital camera on my list for Christmas.


I was playing around with some of the settings the other night. It has taken me a couple months to even get around to just playing with it. I saw a really neat scene the other evening with the moon and Venus and trees and sunset and thought it would make a great picture. I ran inside to grab my camera to see what I could capture. It turns out that I captured a big spot - which was the moon - and a little spot - which was Venus - and a bunch of nothing. I admit - I need a lot of help with my skills - wait - who am I kidding - I HAVE NO SKILLS!


That being said - here is a picture I took that I kinda liked.


This is the tequila bottle in our fish tank. I'm sure you are now asking yourself "Why there is a Patron bottle in the fish tank?" The answer is simple.

It was there.

Here is another picture of the same bottle. Again you are asking "Why?" and again I answer - It was there. (FYI - said bottle was emptied before being placed as the only decoration in our tank.)



Hopefully as time progresses - I can get that one great shot. But until then - I will keep trying. Maybe I will even try & post the progression of my "skills".

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

No comments:

Post a Comment